When there are different dishes in front of our eyes that deceive us with the appearance, taste and enticing aroma, it is difficult to establish control over the desire for just one “last” bite. The result? Overeating that we later regret. Uncontrolled feeding that has filled our stomach affects badly not only the line, but also the energy and mood.Nobody wants to take a nap with a bloated stomach, but nevertheless, we forget to stop eating in time and find ourselves in such a state. So it’s necessary to know how to prevent overeating.
Prevent overeating by using a few simple tricks:
- Use your hands as a guide. Eat only as much as it collects in your palms. Connect your hands by making a container shape. The amount that collects in them is roughly the same as the one you need on your stomach.
- When you feel eaten, dip the stem of the kit. Many people want to eat everything that is served and this often leads to overeating. When you begin to feel satiety, place the kit in the bowl so that you bury the stems in the food.In this way, you will not be able to unconsciously continue grinding food.
- Cover the rest of the food with a napkin.When your appetite is reduced and you no longer feel hungry, cover the rest of your napkin’s food. Far from the eyes, far from the mouth.
- Do not eat to satisfy others. No matter how tasty your mother cakes are, do not eat just because she persistently asks you to take a second piece.Please say : Perhaps later; but do not let them convince you of her slaughtered face.
- Concentrate on the taste of the first few morsels of your favorite foods. Do you love chocolate? Studies show that satisfaction is the same if you eat several cubes of chocolate and eat the whole block. But in the latter case you will be overheated and feel more guilty. To avoid overeating, it is important to concentrate on the taste during the first few morsels, because then you will be the sweetest. After a couple of mousses, taste sensors reduce the sensitivity to chemicals in delicious foods. Conclusion? With a few morsels, you can satisfy the desire for calorie food that draws you to overeat.
- Hara hachi bu – eat like a Japanese. It means you eat while you are 80% full. This calorie restriction tactic is practiced by residents of the Okinawa Island. Even 29% of Okinawa’s population lives up to 100 years.
- Do not leave the dishes and pans in which the food is served on the table.Put in the plates the moderate portions, and then the containers in which the rest of the food is moved away from you. It’s easier to get over if you have the opportunity to constantly fill your bowl.
- Give a signal to the body that you have finished the meal. Send the message ” i’m full” to the body through: Chewing gum or menthol candy. The fresh taste of menthol reduces appetite, and chewing or sweating candy will keep your mouth busy. A few pieces of fruit or two cubes of chocolate. Sweet foods register the brain as a dessert, so you will not want to go back to the main meal again.
- Choose a plate in a different color from the food color you eat. Do not put pasta in a white pot, but in red, black or blue. The greater the color difference, the more the size of the serving will be, and you will serve less food. Choose only to eat without side activities. People are usually overeat in front of a TV or in front of a computer, because they unconsciously fill their mouth and swallow. Therefore, it is recommended to eat in the kitchen, sitting on the table, without scattering with additional activities.
- Do not eat from the bag or the box in which you purchased the food. You bought a big package chips? Serve one part in a small bowl, and keep the remainder out of reach. So you can roughly estimate how many calories you will eat with delicious snacks, and in addition you will ensure that you do not eat the whole chips you bought and go out.
- Place the fork on the plate between the gobs. Slice one bite and leave the fork to the plate.Making breaks between mules prolongs the time you eat your meal, and it leaves enough time for the body to inform the brain when you are sitting. Do not forget that the brain needs about 15-20 minutes to get the signal that you are no longer hungry.
It is important to prevent overeating , so remember these rules, each time you sit on the table. Enjoy your food, but don’t stress the body.